Saturday afternoon was spent driving around town with Jamie to ensure that I really knew where I would be going. Thank goodness Amy B, Amy P and Stacie will be carpooling for many of the activities Annika and Justin will be participating in. This morning at 6:30 am Jamie and Dan headed to the airport. I headed to the shower and then hit the ground running! I took lots of pictures but can't get them to attach to this post. I'll have Annika or Justin show me how to do it tomorrow:) Besides, the pictures could be disturbing to the parents of the children involved.....I am not sure that swinging from the chandeliers was appropriate Sunday behavior.....or appropriate for any day, for that matter!
Here are a few of the highlights of today:
- Annika woke up at 6:20 am, followed by Justin at 6:45 am and Kyle around 8:00.
- Breakfast included donuts.
- Annika fixed my hair for church.
- We managed to make it to church just as the meeting started. Bro. Brent excused the Bishop, who he mentioned was on vacation with his wife.
- Kyle did not fall asleep on the way home from church....or any time thereafter. His comment was "no nap!" and I said, "Okay":)
- We had leftover Chinese food for lunch. As Annika was trying to break apart a pair of wooden chop sticks, with some difficulty, Justin said, "Perhaps you should use a tree saw." (He really used the word perhaps!)
- Later in the evening, as I was fixing dinner and a storm was rolling in outside, Justin was heard to say, "This is the best night ever!" and "This is a night I will never forget." Who knew a thunder storm and Pasta Alfredo would get him so excited!
- Kyle helped me drop the pasta into the boiling water....one noodle at a time:)
- Annika picked up 263 toys before bedtime....Kyle sure dumps out a lot of toys when he doesn't take a nap:)
- Annika also made a blue print for enlarging the Mississippi River on her dry erase board. It was awesome.
Have a fun week Dan and Jamie. All is well at home....so far anyway!
1 comment:
Sounds like you have it all under control! You are a great grandma! Have a fun week! :)
Post a Comment