Since there would be no school the following day, Annika talked me into letting them stay up until 10:00 pm. We played Hide and Seek with the neighbors, went to 7-11 to get a treat, popped popcorn and watched a movie. Just before 10 Justin told me he had a headache and wanted to go to bed! He also told me, "Grandma, I forgot to tell you that I fell off the monkey bars today at school and some wood chips got in my mouth." No wonder he had a headache! Kyle had a late nap but settled down quickly as well. I am paying the price for my decision to allow the bedtime hour to be extended. We have had a few "grumpy pants" moments today. Tonight it will be bedtime at 8:30 pm!!
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Granny Nanny Day 6
Yesterday was a short day at school and Justin's afternoon Kindergarten attends all day every other Friday. It was Justin's Friday to go to school. I woke up both kids and we moved through the morning routine of dressing, eating breakfast and waiting for Amy B to pick up. At the last minute I remembered that teeth had not been brushed. We quickly took care of the task. Justin's lunch was packed and loaded in his backpack along with his Angry Bird for show and tell.
Annika decided to match Justin and wear the same colored shirt and shorts to school. While I took this picture Kyle was sleeping...and sleeping...and sleeping. He slept until just after 9:30. I was on the second load of laundry before he woke up:)
I also had time Friday morning to build Justin's new Lego Ninjago vehicle. It is Jay's Storm Fighter. It didn't fit together quite right so I promised Justin that I would try to fix it. I disassembled part of the cockpit, found the problem and had it reassembled before Justin got home from school. As I put it together I knew that soon Justin would take it apart and rebuild it again. I reminded myself that I couldn't have a fit when he took apart my hard work. Sure enough, right after dinner the Storm Fighter was in 242 pieces.
While the big kids were at school, Kyle helped me power wash everything in the back yard whether it needed it or not. He LOVES water!!
After school Annika had a snack and headed to her piano lesson. Next, it was a play date for Annika and Justin at the Pollary's house. Thanks Amy P!
Since there would be no school the following day, Annika talked me into letting them stay up until 10:00 pm. We played Hide and Seek with the neighbors, went to 7-11 to get a treat, popped popcorn and watched a movie. Just before 10 Justin told me he had a headache and wanted to go to bed! He also told me, "Grandma, I forgot to tell you that I fell off the monkey bars today at school and some wood chips got in my mouth." No wonder he had a headache! Kyle had a late nap but settled down quickly as well. I am paying the price for my decision to allow the bedtime hour to be extended. We have had a few "grumpy pants" moments today. Tonight it will be bedtime at 8:30 pm!!
Since there would be no school the following day, Annika talked me into letting them stay up until 10:00 pm. We played Hide and Seek with the neighbors, went to 7-11 to get a treat, popped popcorn and watched a movie. Just before 10 Justin told me he had a headache and wanted to go to bed! He also told me, "Grandma, I forgot to tell you that I fell off the monkey bars today at school and some wood chips got in my mouth." No wonder he had a headache! Kyle had a late nap but settled down quickly as well. I am paying the price for my decision to allow the bedtime hour to be extended. We have had a few "grumpy pants" moments today. Tonight it will be bedtime at 8:30 pm!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow day 6! You are such a fun Granny Nanny! The kids look like they are have a great time with Grandma. :)
Post a Comment