Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Granny Nanny Day 2

Annika had been planning for Labor Day long before my trip to Springs. As soon as I arrived she gave me her suggestions for the day.  It read like this:
Three Ideas for Labor Day. 
To Grandma Suzie.  
From: Annika Lamb.  
Dear Grandma, I have some ideas for Labor Day.  
1.  The first idea is packing a lunch and eating it at the park.  
2.  The second idea is going to McDonald's and go through the drive thru and bring it back to the park.  
3.  The third idea is going to the park and eating it there and me and Justin can practice soccer after we eat.  
Thank you, Annika.  

We ended up going with plan number 1.  Justin was invited to a birthday luncheon from 11 to 1.  Annika packed a lunch for Kyle and I along with herself.  After we walked Justin to his party we headed to the park.
Lunch tasted great because I didn't have to fix it! After we ate, Kyle and Annika climbed on the play equipment and spent time on the swings.

They made friends with some boys who came to the park to bury a "time capsule" in the sandbox. Once the capsule was buried, they dug another hole and buried one of the boys.  Kyle was happy to have control of one of the big shovels. Happy Labor Day! After Kyle's nap and Annika's return from an Elder's Quorum Ice Cream Party she attended with the Binns, we headed to Target and then McDonald's. Deciding what to purchase was difficult but everyone came home happy. I even started my Christmas shopping:) Kyle played with scissors and stood on unsteady surfaces while Annika and Justin built their new Lego creations. All were bathed and bedded down before 9 pm and every task for today was checked off the schedule...Jamie's schedule, Annika's schedule and Justin's schedule! Yipee!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You are a fabulous Granny Nanny! I love Annika's letter!