Annika carpooled to school yesterday morning as she has every morning this week. Thanks Amy B! It is nice to be able to let Kyle sleep in. When I took Justin to school at noon I asked him if he wanted to walk to the door by himself. "No Grandma. I want you to walk with me." However, by the time I got Kyle out of the van, Justin had met up with two friends and didn't look back.
Friday, September 7, 2012
Granny Nanny Day 5
Granny did not post yesterday. I sat in Annika's room last night until she fell asleep. By then I was too sleepy to do more than go to bed myself. Annika said she just couldn't quit talking to herself and that kept her from falling asleep. She was pretty sure that if she slept in Mom and Dad's bed she would fall right to sleep. I convinced her to stay in her own bed and suggested we play the quiet game. It worked! She didn't say another word until I woke her up this morning!
Annika carpooled to school yesterday morning as she has every morning this week. Thanks Amy B! It is nice to be able to let Kyle sleep in. When I took Justin to school at noon I asked him if he wanted to walk to the door by himself. "No Grandma. I want you to walk with me." However, by the time I got Kyle out of the van, Justin had met up with two friends and didn't look back.
Kyle and I walked up to Justin's door anyway, told Justin goodbye, then turned around and walked back to the van.
Annika had soccer practice last night. Stacie and Darren picked her up and brought her back home. Thanks Frosts!
While Annika was gone I took the boys and their bikes over to the church parking lot. Justin can ride his bike without training wheels but his start and stop need a bit of work. The parking lot is fairly flat and there are no cars to watch out for. I realized after we got home that I forgot to have him wear his bike helmet. Sorry, Jamie!
Kyle spent some of his time on his bike and the rest of the time running up and down the sidewalks. Justin took this picture. Kyle looks a little stressed because he wants his turn with the camera. I look a little tired because I'm tired:) On the way home we stopped at Dairy Queen for Blizzards and Smoothies. Justin reminded me to get one for Annika. He is so sweet!
Annika carpooled to school yesterday morning as she has every morning this week. Thanks Amy B! It is nice to be able to let Kyle sleep in. When I took Justin to school at noon I asked him if he wanted to walk to the door by himself. "No Grandma. I want you to walk with me." However, by the time I got Kyle out of the van, Justin had met up with two friends and didn't look back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are the best Granny Nanny ever! Hopefully you took next week off work to recover:)
Post a Comment