Friday, August 24, 2012

Parade Participants

The Lamb family celebrated the 4th of July in Utah. They brought the kids bikes so that they could participate in the neighborhood parade sponsored by Dave and Dianne's ward. This annual event is a tradition in the 5th ward and the participant count grows each year. It started at 8:00am. Jamie had to wake Kyle up so that he wouldn't miss any of the fun.
The procession included a police escort, parade royalty, a grand marshall, lots of kids on decorated bikes, kids throwing candy, motorcycles, antique cars, a flat bed trailer carrying war veterans and lots of people walking.
Annika rode beside the veteran trailer (at least she was riding near it when I took this picture). Cousins Ayrista, Brigham and Branson also participated. They all decorated their bikes the night before with Grandma Lamb.
Justin and I were happy to reach the end of the parade route.
The parade ended at Blake Circle. After a flag ceremony and a short patriotic program everyone was invited to enjoy breakfast.
Annika ate with Grandma and Grandpa Lamb, Aunt Rachael, Uncle Brannon and her cousins. Jamie, Dan, Justin, Kyle and I decided to avoid the breakfast crowd and walked back to Dianne's house. Justin and I had Pop Tarts at my house. Jamie, Dan and Kyle went out for breakfast burritos, if I remember right.
Thanks for an awesome 4th of July celebration, 5th Ward!!

1 comment:

Jamie Lamb said...

I just did the same post on my blog. Your documentation is much better.