Friday, August 10, 2012

Work Related

Several employees from Diacor traveled to Manti on June 23th for a very special occasion.
Fellow employee,Cody and his wife Samantha, were sealed in the Manti Temple. They are expecting their first child, baby Jaxon, on September 1st. Exciting times.
Four days later, on June 26th all Diacor employees met for our yearly Strategy Meeting. We enjoyed dinner that evening at the Cheese Cake Factory at City Creek in beautiful, downtown SLC.
Welcome to Utah Tammi and Mike! Our meetings were productive, dinner was excellent and each piece of cheese cake I sampled was heavenly!
The following day, we joined together to assemble care bags for breast cancer patients. The Christi Anderson Rack Pack Foundation provides “LoveHandles” care bags for anyone currently undergoing therapies for breast cancer. These darling tote bags are full of comfort items, toiletries, jewelry, wristbands, things to do during chemo, uplifting thoughts, snacks and much more. This foundation began after Christi Anderson lost her battle with breast cancer on February 7, 2010. She is a cousin to Jason Ellsworth, Diacor's newly hired Mechanical Engineer.
Fast forward to today, August 10th. Diacor held their own version of the 2012 Olympics. Julianne spearheaded the event that included a healthy breakfast, several sport competitions, rhythmic gymnastics, a fabulous lunch and an awards presentation.
The four square competition became pretty competitive. Josh Ellsworth, our new intern, took the gold in this event.(Yes, Cody is wearing a super athlete cape, a wig and a pink sweatband.)
The pen roll competition required the participants blow on their pen until it rolled across the finish line. Josh took the gold again.
The hand ball competition was appropriately named. We used hands instead of paddles to hit the ball over the file folder/box of copy paper net. I forget who took the gold. I think it was Josh:) He's the one in the background holding the four square ball.
The rhythmic gymnastics competition required that the participants perform a 2-4 minute routine, set to music, using props found in the office. Costumes could be brought from home. Kevin, Jessie and Matt Anderson used the Zephyr stretcher, along with long strips of "fragile" stickers in their very impressive routine. Judges included Brian, Julianne, Tammi (Skyping from Minnesota) and Julianne's Aunt Julie.
Tami and I represented the country of "Polynesia" as we performed our routine with ribbons, homemade poi balls, blower hose, packing foam and an indexing bar. I wore the black wig to look more polynesian but I looked more like Cher Bono.
Brothers, Josh and Jason, made some pretty interesting music stomping on bubble wrap. They also juggled packing foam and did a very interesting light show with their cell phones.
Cody took the gold with his impressive ribbon routine. I think his outfit really impressed the judges.
I have a feeling that Monday is not going to be nearly as much fun as today was at work!

3 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

Do you guys ever work? Looks like all you do is play:)

Melinda said...

You work for one fun company!

Allison Claire said...

Looks like so much fun! :)