Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Decisions, decisions

Before Carlee was born I tied a baby quilt. It was yellow, orange and green as we didn't know the gender of our baby until she was born. Carlee loved her yellow blanket and still has it, although it is very faded and worn. For 26 years I have saved a second fabric panel so that I could make an identical quilt for Carlee's first baby, boy or girl. I didn't dream that I would be making quilts for twins! I made two quilts to give to the girls on their first Christmas. One quilt is just like mom's baby blanket while the other one is made from a different panel in yellow, orange, green and blue. Once the quilts were finished I decided to leave the big decision to Gaby and Sophie. Either blanket of their choice was made with love by Grandma Susie.



The decision is made. Sophie picked the yellow blanket just like mommy's while Gaby picked the new panel blanket.

Wait! They both want the yellow blanket!

Okay, now they both want the zoo blanket!

Apparently, this decision is too tough for the twins. "Grandma, you decide and let us know!"