Sunday, August 22, 2010

Melting at the Menagerie

The morning of July 24th found many people in the Salt Lake Valley at the Days of 47 parade. We decided to take a trip to the zoo instead. The weather was extremely warm. No, it was downright HOT! The animals worked to stay cool by reclining in the shade and moving very little. Even the monkeys weren't performing.
We gravitated to the shade, too, whenever possible.







Just before we left the zoo, Carlee and Miguel took Annika and Justin for a ride on the train. Then we jumped in our cars, cranked up the air conditioners and headed home.



Carlee bought some fireworks that we enjoyed when it got dark. (I enjoyed listening to them from the bedroom as I rocked Kyle to sleep.) I am grateful to the Pioneers for their sacrifices to settle in the Salt Lake Valley. We had a great time with family on this 24th of July.


1 comment:

Jamie Lamb said...

Whoa does my hair look different! Thanks for the good times!