Friday, February 6, 2009

Week in Review

This week included a birthday celebration, a Christmas party, free insulation and a sewing project. For Carlee's birthday Grandma Boots, Brian, Miguel and I joined her for dinner at Sizzler. Unfortunately, five minutes after Carlee and Miguel headed for home, I remembered that I had forgotten to get her ice cream cake out of the freezer. It looks like we'll be celebrating more on Sunday.
Last Monday night the staff of Diacor met at Buca di Beppo for our Christmas Party. Better late than never! December just got so busy and we decided to wait to celebrate until Mike was in town.

Wednesday night I had additional insulation blown into the attic. Between rebates from the gas and electric companies, the improvement will be free. I am now officially R38.
Several weeks ago I was talking on the phone with Annika and she asked, "Can you make me a nightgown?" Apparently her friend Kathryn has a new "grandma made" nightgown and Annika thought it would be a great idea to have one herself. Yesterday I mailed jammies for Annika AND her Cabbage Patch Doll. I know the doll nightgown will fit Lulu Lamb because I used Amanda Aretha Asally Aruff as a model. I am now anxious to see if Annika's nightgown fits. Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this is what has kept you busy! Welcome to the R38 insulations club! We think we have noticed a difference this winter....Your such a great grandma!

Jamie Lamb said...

Thank you so much, I can't wait to wear my new nightgown! Love, Annika

Maili said...

Love the rocking out picture Susan! :] Suits you!! hehe Looks like you had a lot of fun! We need to make a trip out to see them again!