Thursday, January 1, 2009

Extreme Makeover, Bathroom Edition

I couldn't think of a better way to start the new year than to jump into a home improvement project. The bathroom sink has rusted through and, while trying to clean it a few weeks ago, I punched a hole right through the bowl. My very kind Home Teacher volunteered to help me get the job done. I took him up on his offer because I have no idea what I am doing. I hesitate tackling any project alone that involves plumbing, with water flowing where it doesn't belong.
Annika informed me the last time she visited that I had a stain in my sink. "Grandma, do you want me to clean it for you?" she asked several times. I would love to have her help right now!
After I paint, Troy will be back to install the new vanity and sink. I also have a new cabinet and light fixture. I just can't figure out why I wasn't sent on vacation while the makeover happened! Oh well, this way I will learn how to do the repairs so that I can tackle the other bathrooms in the house. Thanks, Troy!

2 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

Be glad you don't have two little helpers! I will need you to come and watch my kids so I can get my bathrooms painted! Looks like a fun project.

Anonymous said...

Look at you go!!! Good for you.