Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Remembering Aunt Gwen

My dad's oldest sister, Gwendolyn Crabtree Davis passed away last Friday, September 19th at the age of 94. She was born to Marlow Leslie and Elizabeth Almira Covey Crabtree on February 15, 1914 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Her sister, my Aunt Helen, was born on her second birthday in 1916. Another sister, my Aunt Shirley, was born on July 7, 1921. Their only brother, my dad George, was born on February 11, 1928. Dad passed away in 1988 and Aunt Helen in 1992. We attended Gwen's funeral yesterday. It was a great tribute to a well lived life. This picture was taken at a family reunion ten years ago. Mom is on the left, Gwen is in the middle and Shirley is on the right.

2 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

It's always nice when they are able to have a great life for 94 years... I'm sure you will miss her the same.

Jamie Lamb said...

Glad you made it to the funeral. What great memories I'm sure you have of her.

P.S. Justin was beating up and teasing Annika tonight. What am I going to do with that sweetiest boy!!