Sunday, September 14, 2008

Homesick for Ohio

I received a phone call at work on Friday from a gentleman requesting a quote for a replacement laser. His name was Ned and he was calling from Hillcrest Hospital. I tried to find Hillcrest Hospital in our customer base without any success. Then I asked him for a zipcode, thinking I could find a customer number using that information. Still no success. I finally told him that I would set up the hospital as a new customer and e-mail him a quote. Part of Ned's e-mail address included letters that he said stood for Cleveland Clinic. He also mentioned that he was located in Mayfield. To this point, he had not told me what state he was calling from. I got thinking and had to ask, "Ned, are you at Hillcrest Hospital on Mayfield Road in Mayfield, OHIO?" "Yes," he said. "As a matter of fact, I am." I then explained to him that my first grandchild was born in that very hospital. By the end of the conversation we had become fast, good friends. He even said that he missed me and my kids in Ohio. Sometimes the world seems very small.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't take long before you find a connection with everything. Those were the days.....aren't you glad you were able to be a part!

Jamie Lamb said...

Oh the memories!!! We miss Ohio on occasion too.