Saturday, July 12, 2008

Project Update

The old shingles have been removed from Grandma Boots' roof. The tar paper is on and now we are ready for new shingles to be delivered. Help has been provided by Brian, Steph, Marshall, Celeste, Ramses, Moccah, Rob, Kris and yours truly. Grandma keeps up with each shift change and has been working from sunrise til sunset. Go Grandma!! On Friday, Murray City delivered a dumpster big enough to hold all of the shingle debris, and two or three stray elephants. It is huge!!
We stacked the shingle debris from the front of the roof along the side of the driveway.
The debris from the back half of the roof landed on the patio.
By 10 PM Friday night Rob, Grandma and I had the patio cleared. Yahoo! The dumpster will not be picked up by the city until Monday so I am going to load up Brian's truck with junk and stray elephants from my house that I will love getting rid of.

2 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

That dumpster looks like a lot of fun for a little boy to play in. I'm sure he would love chewing on those shingles too! Looks like a fun project.

Cam Ballou said...

You are a good woman. Roofing is no fun (like I'd know :-))...that is why we paid someone to do ours!