Friday, December 25, 2009
Christmas Tree Times Three
I love to see lots of lights on Christmas trees. This year my three decorating projects reflected that love. Kevin hand picked and cut a beautiful tree to bring into work. It was decorated with a "Fishbowl" theme. Fishbowl is the name of our new computer software. We are still in the implementation stage with a definite love/hate relationship for Fishbowl at this point. However, we love our Fishbowl tree.
I obviously wrapped the lights way too tight on my tree this year. I lost count at 2000 lights, had to make a quick trip to ShopKo to get more lights and can't have the lights on when we use the microwave or we trip a circuit breaker. The tree actually warms up the room!
The tree in Grandma Boots' livingroom also gives off some pretty good heat. She bought more lights this year and I made an emergency trip to ShopKo to get enough to finish her tree. I thought I wrapped the lights on all of the trees the same way I have in the past. I must have some pent-up frustrations that I took out on the trees. The branches on the live tree at work fought back by drooping as I added more lights. I was forced to use less lights on that tree but the artificial trees didn't have a fighting chance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cute cute Christmas tree. Merry Christmas, I hope it was fabulous! We miss you!
And you had to pass the light thing on to me. The trees look very nice! I think my house is almost clean enough for you to come tomorrow! We can't wait! The kids have lots of new things to show you.
I love lights too, although I don't think we've ever gotten close to 2000+ bulbs. We'll have to try and beat your record next year - we could use a heater in our living room!
Awesome Susan! The trees are all beautiful..bright trees are the best!
Post a Comment