Sunday, September 6, 2009

High Hopes are Paying Off

Three months ago I planted three tiny tomato plants. It was hard to believe that they would ever need the large cages that surrounded them.
I also planted a tiny peach tree in my back yard last June.


Three months later the tomato plants have grown so much that the cages are beginning to tip over. I have picked six red tomatoes this week.



The peach tree did not produce any fruit this year but it has doubled in size and I have high hopes for the years to come.




I was honored to be a recipient of some homemade honey from Alan Rindlisbacher's bees. I plan to make some bread to go with this special gift. Thanks, Alan!!





2 comments:

Doc Lamb said...

Annika loves your garden and honey. She loves honey on her sandwich with peanut butter!

Binns Family said...

Your tomatoes look so much better then ours this year. We only got 5 total, and we had 4 plants.