Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Singles Retreat

On Saturday, August 8th Debbie Allred and I attended an all day Singles Retreat at the Spring Haven Lodge in Hobble Creek Canyon. Scott Marsh was the keynote speaker. Lunch and dinner were served. We participated in a service project directed by the BYU Single Alumni Association. Afternoon workshops included Provident Living, Physical Preparedness and Financial Preparedness. After dinner we were entertained by a magician.
Debbie found some time to let her hair down!
The lodge was impressive, the scenery gorgeous and the weather perfect. We met lots of fun and interesting people. It was enjoyable getting to know people without having to dance with them!
During some free time, we took a hike up the road. The livestock in Hobble Creek Canyon have some pretty fancy living quarters.
Happy cows live in Utah too!!

2 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

So what's more fun...a singles retreat or 3 days with two little buddies? Looks like a fun time!

Here And Happy! said...

Susan, I need picture stacking lessons! Your blog is alway so cute and organized. Everything I post goes in backward and grows up the page in the wrong direction! Help! BTW, this retreat sounded like fun! I know what you mean about dancing...that made me smile.