Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jaguar Football

Last Friday night I accompanied Tami T. to watch her son D.J. play in the first pre-season game of his senior year on the West Jordan High School football team. They played the Lehi Pioneers in Lehi.
I think D.J. plays defensive tight end. He was all over the field, I noticed. He is number 91.
Tami is obviously D.J.'s biggest fan and loudest cheerleader. Don is still in Hawaii getting Julianne settled into college. She is attending BYU Hawaii and will play on their softball team (or is it the baseball team? I can't keep them straight!)
In the football program it said that the West Jordan coach, Mike Morgan, "returns two key players, tight ends Tyson Udy and D.J. Tialavea. Morgan considers these two to be two of the best athletes he has ever coached". WooHoo D.J.!! I remember when he was a toddler and cried when you set him on the grass. Now he rolls all over on it, tackling his opponents!! By the way, West Jordan won the game.

2 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

GO JAGS!!!! CLASS OF '88

Jamie said...

Jon and I are so excited for the ffotball season! Although, WJ was our biggest rival so go...Bingham Miners!! :) You are so nice to go to his football game!