As I was leaving work last Wednesday I got a call from Annika on my cell phone. She said, "Grandma, I'm not going to see Jeremy graduate and I'm not going to Sea World." I was fairly sure I heard her clearly and felt bad that, for some reason, Dan and Annika were no longer going to Texas to attend Jeremy's graduation from dental school. After Annika asked me if I was at work and where Bubba was, she said "Bye" and hung up. Later that night I called Jamie to see why the trip was cancelled. Jamie laughed and said that Annika was a bit confused. She had asked Jamie if she was going to Jeremy's graduation and Jamie told her, "Not today." So there was one important word left out of Annika's comment. What she was telling me should have gone something like this, "Grandma, I'm not going to see Jeremy graduate and I'm not going to Sea World TODAY." She is so excited for the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment