Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Special Day

Brian and I flew to Colorado last weekend to celebrate Annika's eighth birthday and attend her baptism. Annika was baptized and confirmed by her dad. Dan did a wonderful job and I am grateful for the choice Annika has made.It was a special day for Annika and the entire family.While we took pre-baptism pictures in the foyer of the church, Brian kept Kyle busy in the chapel. Kyle found a package of gum in my purse and managed to open, chew and swallow more than three pieces. He likes gum!After the baptism we all gathered at Jamie and Dan's house for a luncheon and birthday celebration. Jamie and Dan went to a lot of work to prepare a tasty feast. Dianne's potato salad was excellent as always.Lots of friends came to celebrate and visit. I chuckled at the pile of shoes and jackets by the front door.Annika and Justin, along with a friend Naomi, found plenty to eat.
 
Kyle was happy that nap time was delayed.

Jill, Tanner and Annika loved Jamie's candy corn cupcakes. Jamie split the cake batter, colored half yellow and half orange, then dropped a spoonful of each color into each cupcake paper before baking. White frosting was applied to the top of each cupcake and the finished product resembled a candy corn. They were delicious!I love special occasions with family!

1 comment:

Jamie Lamb said...

We are glad you came! We love you!

P.S. That friend in the greenish top is Naomi...not sure where you got Chloe:)