Friday, June 15, 2012
Team Newt
Carlee and I, along with the twins, participated in Walk MS 2012 on April 28th. It was a 3 mile walk that started and finished at The Gateway Mall.
The funds raised from this walk support programs, services and research sponsored by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. We walked on Natalie vonElm's team. She is a friend and neighbor who was diagnosed with MS a year and a half ago. Jolene (Natalie's Mom) and I have been good friends for a long time. Natalie has had the nickname "Newt" for a long time too. I am not sure where it came from.
Carlee and I worried about the weather. It has been known to snow in April in northern Utah. However, the weather was perfect.
Gaby and Sophie enjoyed watching all of the people dressed in interesting outfits and the dogs who joined the procession.
Natalie and Robbie
Emily and Jaron
Natalie had lots of support from parents, extended family and friends. It felt great to walk for such an important cause. I hope that one day a cure will be found for MS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment