Sunday, February 12, 2012

Things I Learned in Springs

Last month I enjoyed spending a week with the Lamb family in Colorado Springs. I put on my granny nanny hat so that Dan and Jamie could spend a few nights in Denver. I had a great time reconnecting with my Colorado grandkids. They are amazing. This is what I learned during my visit:


Justin remains very creative. He is always thinking, planning and imagining.


Because he is so creative, Justin loves crafts. We have this love in common.


I also learned that I need to be careful when giving gifts to grandchildren. The Dippin' Dots Maker seemed like so much fun when I gave it to Annika for Christmas but it became a little tricky when I was put in charge of production.


I was delighted to learn that Annika is working hard at her piano skills.


I was happy and relieved that Kyle warmed up to Granny Nanny quickly and didn't give me any trouble while Mommy and Daddy were gone.


I learned that heart shaped toast is still a crowd pleaser.


I realized that directions don't have to be followed exactly. It's more fun to make it up as you go when the end result isn't that important.


I realized that "up" can mean down, that "mom" can mean grandma and that "juice" is anything liquid.


I learned that Kyle may be left handed (yipee!) and that the kitchen table is always a fun place to sit.


I smiled as I watched the teamwork associated with celebrating Dan's birthday. Happy Birthday Doctor, Bishop, Daddy Dan!!


I learned that Annika is becoming a great gymnast.

I love every chance I get to visit with the Lamb family. Thanks for your hospitality. I even enjoy appointments with my favorite dentist....really, I do! See you next time!

3 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

Come back soon!!!

Anonymous said...

What an educational time you had!!

Damaris said...

Such cute grandkids!