Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Amy

Today would have been Amy Wilkes' 31st birthday. She died as the result of an auto-pedestrian accident on December 1, 1992. A plaque at the south end of Bennion Boardwalk, the newly named sky bridge that spans 6200 south at 2700 West, honors our friend Amy. It opened for use last fall and was to be dedicated on Amy's birthday but the ceremony was held a week earlier before school ended for the summer.

Tonight a small group gathered for our own dedication. We sat on the middle of the skywalk, watched the traffic move quickly below us, drank our Jamba Juices and read Laffy Taffy jokes in Amy's honor.

What bug gobbles up garbage? A litter bug!

We miss you Amy. Until we meet again.........

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I didn't know about the plaque. I will need to take a look. She really loved those Laffy Taffy wrappers!

Janet said...

WOW! That is awesome that you guys all did that. I've thought about Amy often through the years.

Jamie Lamb said...

I'm sad I missed out! I'm glad they finally put that walkway in. It's hard to believe so much time has passed. Can't wait to see her again!

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

AWESOME!!!!