Saturday, July 10, 2010

Luau, Bride-to-be and Aging gracefully

Summer fun is in full swing. In the early part of June we enjoyed the RS Luau held at Labrum Park. It gave me a minute to catch up with Loisi Talanoa and wear my muumuu.
We enjoyed kalua pork and a traditional polynesian watermelon drink prepared by Seini Talanoa, along with teriyaki chicken and a salad and dessert buffet. We also tried some island dancing. We learned the Haha (a war dance used to intimidate enemies. That could come in handy!)from Stuart Craig as well as the Hukilau from Seini.

On June 26th the Johnson family congregated at Lisa's house for Lizzie's bridal shower. The wedding will be on July 23rd. Congratulations Lizzie!

These three sisters love a good party! Okay, in all fairness, I didn't give them a chance to smile before I snapped the picture.
Then on July 5th Mom and I were invited to a barbeque at Jannette's house to celebrate the 4th of July and her husband's birthday. I love celebrating Les' birthday because he is always going to be a year OLDER than me!
The cake tasted as good as it looked.
Les and Jannette's third born, Lexie, just graduated from high school and will be headed for college in the fall. We are now Facebook buddies so I can relive my college days through Lexie. Make me proud my dear!! (Isn't my blue gum attractive?)

2 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

You are one crazy lady! Just wait until we come...your summer is about to get even more fun!

Here And Happy! said...

I love it that you chew blue gum, still enjoy a good luau and see the fun in everyone. Let's be friends forever!