Friday, March 27, 2009

If I knew you were coming, I'd a baked a cake!

I was delightfully surprised when Jamie, Annika and Justin showed up at my work last Friday afternoon. Carlee was in on the surprise and picked them up from the airport. She had gotten the carseats out of the basement earlier in the week and I hadn't noticed. I love this kind of surprise!! Grandma Lamb's birthday was last Wednesday so the surprise visit was a wonderful birthday gift.

The kids enjoyed seeing the fire engine at the Community Preparedness Fair last Saturday morning.

I loved hearing Justin's enlarging vocabulary and watching Annika dance and sing. Justin says "donut" with perfect clarity and Annika can read Green Eggs and Ham all by herself.
Justin and Uncle Brian played the "A tar" every day.
Annika found lots to do in the bathroom while Grandma curled her hair.
Justin has a major sweet tooth. No matter where we hid the donuts, he climbed until he found them.

4 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

Thanks again for the fun week! We miss you already!

Damaris said...

Wow! Reading that I'm thinking Gordon and Annika as well as Kate and Justin really could make quite the pairs. Gordon's learning to read and loving it. And Kate has quite the reputation for her sweet tooth. Candy bowls are hidden everywhere she goes...

Looks like such a funny week!

Damaris said...

I mean fun week...

Here And Happy! said...

It was so good to see Jamie and her cute little kids. She looks like a wonderful mother! Glad you had loads of fun with those adorable long-distance loved ones. I'm taking notes!